Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Richards Fam Chinese Chicken

I guess this is a huge favorite of my husband's family from growing up, and I can see why! The recipe calls for drumsticks, but feel free to use whatever type of meat you want. I prefer the chicken tenders from costco :) The cook time may vary depending on the meat...

6 lg drumsticks
1/2 c soy sauce
3 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbs vinegar
1 tsp. ginger
1 c water
1 chicken boullion cube

Pull skin off drumsticks
Boil water (microwave works) and add the boullion
Mix the rest of the ingredients into the water
Marinate chicken

Bake at 350 for 45 min. until chicken is falling off the bones :)

A couple notes...
-According to my SIL the marinating doesn't really need to happen, I did it for about 20 minutes and mine still had plenty of flavor
-I made this recipe in my pressure cooker, it took 15 minutes and turned out PERFECT (Chicken was about 2/3 still frozen, I did half drumsticks, half chicken tenders)
-Pair it with the fried rice and some broccoli and you will be so happy.
-I'm going to try to do a make-ahead freezer meal with this and I'll update with how it turns out

No comments:

Post a Comment