Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pizza Rolls

These will rock your world!!  You can use any kind of bread, or pizza dough for these.  This is the recipe that I really like though:

Dough:
5 C Flour
2 Tbsp Yeast
2/3 C Sugar
1 C milk
1/2 C water
1 egg

Combine 2 cups of flour, the sugar, and the yeast in a bowl
Heat the milk and water for about 2 minutes
Drop the egg into the heated liquids
Add the liquids and egg to the dry mix and beat it for about 2 minutes, until it's smooth
Stir in the remaining 3 cups of flour (sometimes it takes more, sometimes less.  You don't want the dough to be sticky, but you don't want it to be too floury either . . . if that makes sense.)
Knead the dough, let it rise until it's about double in size

Pizza Rolls:
Ingredients:
Dough
A pack of provolone cheese slices
A pack of pepperoni

Split the dough in half, sometimes I split it into thirds. Roll it out into a big circle, just like you would for crescent rolls.  Cut the provolone cheese slices in half and lay them around the outer edge of the circle.  Place about 4 pepperoni's over the cheese.  I wish I had taken pictures of all of this, so it would make more sense . . . Now cut the dough into triangles, like you would for crescent rolls, and roll it tucking the edges around the cheese and pepperoni.  Place them on a baking sheet and let them rise again for about 15 minutes.  Then bake them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
The pictures a little blurry, but here's my final product!  Hopefully my instructions about  stuffing and rolling them made sense!! I might have to make them again, just to take pictures! I don't think my husband would mind! ;)
We love dipping them in ranch dressing.  And, these can be adapted however you want!  Sometimes if I run out of pepperoni I'll use cheddar cheese and provolone.  I think once my roommates and I even tried Canadian bacon and pineapple.  We also tried mozzarella cheese instead of provolone once, but the flavor got a little lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment