Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cranberry Chicken

I made this last night and LOVED it.  It was so easy and so tasty!

6 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup-mix
1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
1 cup French or Russian salad dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place the chicken breasts in a baking pan.  In a small bowl, combine the onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and dressing.  Stir until well blended.  Pour sauce mixture over the chicken breasts. Cover with foil and bake for 60-75 minutes or until top is bubbly and slightly browned.

*For a more flavorful dish, let chicken marinate in the sauce for several hours.

I came home from work yesterday and threw this together.  I didn't really thaw my chicken before putting it in the dish and pouring the mixture over it.  I let it marinate for about 40 minutes while I went jogging and then I came home and threw it in the oven.  I served it with brown rice.  My husband and I both loved it, it was so tender and juicy.  And, super easy to throw together after a really long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment