Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Skinny Muffin


This recipe came from this website:

Jorge’s Skinny Muffin
Traditional energy bars are often packed with sugar, which can cause a spike and a subsequent crash. These muffins are designed to provide sustainable energy that lasts through lunch, thanks to coconut oil, a healthy fat that’s good for your brain, fiber-rich flaxseed and egg protein.

Ingredients
Makes one serving

1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 packet stevia

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Allow to cool to a safe temperature and enjoy!

I made this for the first time two days ago and in my tired, groggy state I swapped the baking powder for baking soda.  YUCK!!  I do not recommend doing that.  I decided to give it another try this morning with the correct ingredients and was delightfully surprised.  It was delicious and so easy!  And, it kept me full until lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment