Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cornflake Scotcharoos

I hate that I had to buy a whole box of cornflakes for one meal, but it turned out to be lucky, because I found this recipe to use a little more! This is a very easy, very messy, use 4 different bowls with sticky stuff all over but SO worth it kind of treat.

1 cups Corn Syrup
2 cups Sugar
2 cups peanut butter
5 cups cornflakes (in my usual life I use rice krispies)

In a saucepan combine the sugar and corn syrup. Stir together on medium heat until its just about boiling. Take it off the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Add this mixture to the bowl of cornflakes and stir stir stir.

Put the whole thing in a 9x13 pan and let it cool. I melted chocolate chips and spread it over, but it made it super ugly.

*I also didn't have enough corn syrup, so I kind of just made up the amounts and put it in an 8x8 pan instead. You really can't go wrong with this stuff.

This makes for a great Saturday night treat that transfers easily into Sunday morning breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment